Sunday, November 22, 2020

STARS: How To Have a Successful Adult Event, COVID style

Yes COVID is not getting better and people still want to have social indoor events such as all black parties.  I get that you still have to make bank and do so with limited capacity. Here's what I've seen work in the past with the CDC guidelines added. 

I would definitely use a medium such as Eventbrite for tickets. Secure and it's contactless. 

Far as ticket prices go, I would do a limited supply of low prices for early bird. I would offer 3 options: general admission, $20 more for VIP and a drink card, $120 per table for VIP and bottle service. These prices would increase a week after the events is announced to $10 more for everything except the tables ($20 more). I would also ensure everything and everyone is spaced out

Masks would be required, as well as a current negative COVID exam. You would receive a partial refund if you have a positive COVID exam a week prior  (due to quarantine) and a full refund 2 days or less before the event. Notice how all of this already reduces the crowd while allowing you to still bank.

I wouldn't charge for parking but would have valet. Open bar would of course be available with general admission and if I chose a hotel, I would offer a discounted rate for a room. It is an adult event and I want everyone to really stay safe. 

I would also offer paid professional pictures, a package for multiple VIP tickets and for future events. I would also have a raffle for tables to encourage more money into the pot. 

I would primarily advertise on social media and word of mouth. I would limit any paid advertisements to one or two.

I would plan on an event that gets people out, allows them to feel safe and is still profitable. It can happen and one must be creative..

No comments:

Post a Comment