We are at a definite crossroads as a country. Black people are mad at the police for continued brutality. White people want the good police to be respected. Me, I'm just like "can't we all admit our faults and come to some common ground."
The thing is folks, we can blame several things: the media, our lackluster presidential candidates, the police, etc for these woes. But as Michael Jackson sang in "Man In the Mirror" we have to look within ourselves if we want true change. We cannot wait around nor be violent and militant to achieve this goal.
Here are some ways in which we can all improve, including myself, and make this world a better place. America isn't know for having the greatest history so we can make it a better future.
1. Hold law enforcement more accountable for their actions and not allow them to be so reactive.
2. Ensure that victims still respect the laws, approach police properly, and handle altercations in court.
3. Register to VOTE and actually VOTE!
4. Don't be blind to any obvious truths. I, like many others, am tired of this mess. However I am still conscious of the major issue here.
5. Research your thoughts and opinions carefully before spouting off on social media. Google and Snopes <insert topic> are great for this.
6. If we're gonna boycott anything, boycott ALL media. They are the ones making this whole ordeal into a sideshow. The media loves its ratings and like a scripted reality show, many are playing right into the main plot.
7. As I said before, violence begats violence. In this matters, fight with your head and NOT your weapons.
8. Try hard to see the other side's point of view. We cannot reach a common ground and that is one of the main problems here. Misunderstanding and miscommunication can be deadly, literally.
9. Don't be just a passive social media activist for either side. Take proactive action in the movement you support the most.
10. Don't judge others or force your beliefs on them. Try and respect them and again, come to some understanding.
Please let's get our country back. China and Russia do not need another leg up on the USA. We have let the media turn a major battle into a sixth grade playground scuffle. Yeah you're drawing a crowd and attention. But how effective is it really?
We ALL need to do better, period