Sunday, May 17, 2015

Some Of The Tired Excuses Commonly Used To Get Out Of Socializing

Yep, gotta love the Spring and Summer seasons (or simply Summer if you're far enough South). It's when everything and everyone usually comes out and spends more time outdoors.

This being said, there will be people you can't wait to see and spend time with: friends, family, significant others, crushes. Then there are the rest: those that you are trying to avoid like the plague.

You've heard them, you've probably used them, but here are some of the common excuses used to blow off certain folk.

1. Sorry my phone died and I missed your call/text

In the era of smartphones, you would think it would be easier to reach someone. Wrong. It's actually doable to blame not seeing someone on your device, since basically you have everything on it.

2. I'm going out of town

Yeah you stay out of town more than a travel agent. Yet you post updates, location check-ins and pictures of you and other friends.

3.  I fell asleep early

4. I slept in

5. I had an old friend from out of town come in for a few days

6. I forgot my college homecoming/reunion is coming up.

7. I was in the gym or running.

Obviously one of my favorite ones

8. I'm going on vacation

9. I have an exam tomorrow and two papers this week

10. My relative graduates school this week

11.  It's a holiday weekend

OK I will stop here. The bottom line is miss us all with the excuses. If you don't want to make time for someone, tell them discreetly, honestly and clearly. Please constantly stop making yourself unavailable, unless you're the President of the United States.

Good grief indeed Charlie Brown.

What are some other excuses you have heard and/or used?

No comments:

Post a Comment