Friday, March 20, 2015

Keith Gibbs: A Special, Positive, Once In A Lifetime Young Man

This has been a tough week if you live in my area. There have been five people unexpectedly pass on that I know well. The first was occurred on this past Thursday: Keith Gibbs Jr.

I actually first saw this extremely happy and positive young man years ago working at the Nike Factory Outlet in Gaffney, SC. He had a smile and a spirit that could light up any room. I was reacquainted with Keith about two years ago when he came to work at my company, The Robert Allen Group. He became one of our Customer Service representatives. Very fitting job for him given all the good service he had always given at the Nike store.

He was probably the most positive and happy young man I had ever met in my 36 years. Keith seemed to have no worries and no one was a stranger to him. He would talk to you as if he had known you for years. I once asked him was he always this happy and upbeat and he replied "pretty much, gotta be man."

This wasn't an act or a front either. He was very genuine with his kindness. I have heard and read comments about him from coworkers, managers and mutual friends off and on social media. It appeared he treated everyone the same and was consistently easygoing.

It is a shame that we all can't be like this at least half of the time. We will let one small thing ruin our day, weekend, week, month or even year. Keith was my type of guy, always seeing the glass half full.

He will be missed dearly. My only regret I have was not getting to know him even better. I do feel that I am a better man for having been in his presence for the short time that I was. Keith was a blessing in my life and that of many.

Let's celebrate his like the best way we know how and try to practice positive behavior as Keith Gibbs did. He set out to make the world a better place and I believe he did. He was a guiding light and had a strong mindset.

Are there any other thoughts you want to add to this young man's memory? How did Keith impact your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment