Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Josh Hamilton: simply a player you must keep around

I have written before about how baseball can be a slow paced sport for most. However there are many superstars and inspirational stories. Josh Hamilton is both of these. This far this MLB season, he is making his case for the AL MVP.


Josh hit five homers in one game last month, having a Babe Ruth type night. He has been hitting homeruns, RBIS, and has held a stellar batting average and on base percentage. for years now. He is already surrounded by other sluggers on The Texas Rangers such as Ian Kinsler and Nelson Cruz. Basically The Rangers, led by Hamilton and company, can score at least eight runs on a given night.


Josh has been simply a huge model of consistency since I began following him five years ago. One of his few hiccups on the diamond is his injuries, the worst occuring in 2010. He was on my fantasy team then. I was just getting good in fantasy sports then and failed to see the big picture. Consequently, I didn't choose him as a keeper for 2011. I am now kicking myself for that costly mistake, although I have other stars on my squad, and have learned the game well.


I only hope the Rangers don't make the same mistake. They have been to the past two World Series, only to fall short of the pennant. This is one player they need to pay and keep. His ability, persistence and character are almost unmatched. The Rangers already let Mark Texiera and Alex Rodriquez go to the guys in the pinstripes , the New York Yankees. The Rangers have a championship brand, and Hamiliton needs to be one of the centerpieces.


Josh Hamiliton is just a person that you want to be around, in and out of the ballpark. He has strong spiritual and moral values, loves his team and his fans, and has overcome drug addiction. He is a warrior in my eyes. I hope the Rangers see this in 2013.


Josh Hamiliton has definitely proven his worth as a former number one overall pick. He will have down games and maybe years. However, he is a must have in the fantasy realm and on the actual diamond.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

4 comments:

  1. The kid is a monster. I remember watching him play for the Riverdogs in Charleston and you could tell he had "it" or tools as they say. I'm glad he is fighting his demons because baseball needs him. (I would love to be a fly on the wall to listen to a convo between he and Mike Vick.) Young athletic types like he and Matt Kemp are rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in the U. S. I was a baseball fanatic. I rarely see any of the games here in Europe until the World Series starts, but missing all the games during regular season has me lost for words on the professional or college level players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started a blog called THINK IT! SPEAK IT! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete