Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Don't Sweat It: Just Relax

We all encounter bouts of stress and turmoil. No one is without their battles and struggles. Some folks have it better, and some have it way worse. Nonetheless, they are struggles all the same.

Stress management is crucial not only to your health and happiness, but also your goals and achievements. Working under pressure and being overly stressed are two different things and should not be confused.

I have previously mentioned about treating yourself once a week. That is definitely good. You have to take the load off at times.

Also, find inspiration in others. I find it in my circle of friends and family, ministers such as Joel Osteen, watching movies such as Remember The Titans and Antwone Fisher and most sports movies. They give me that extra drive and motivation that I deem paramount and necessary.

Exercise is a major factor in stress relief. I go to the gym several times a week, partially to blow off steam. It seems I don't think about my problems while I'm working out. I'm in my own zone.

Listening to music is also helpful, as it's the universal language. I have a vast and contradicting playlist, plus my Pandora stations have variety also. When I really need to relax, I listen to oldies from the 50s-70s, Michael Jackson, and even jazz. I feel calmer, cool and collected after hearing these types of songs and ballads.

Finally, I breathe and mediate. That's right. I get my quiet time, my “me” time to simply think, unwind, and unleash the negative tension.

Relieving stress is obviously easier said than done. However, stress management is important and necessary. Don't sweat the small stuff, pick your battles, know what you can control and simply relax! Nothing is permanent. Your test can someday be your testimony. So stick to the fight and don't let life knock you out with one punch. You're stronger than that.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said! Thank you for the reminder. Blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete