Monday, January 29, 2024

Debbie Lanier's Life and Times: Vol 28- WEED

Yep weed, marijuana, cannabis. Some of you thought I wasn't going to cover this part of my mom's life. Fact is, it was part of her entire adult life and she was not ashamed of it. Debbie was an advocate for legalizing marijuana, even if she didn't vote. 

Now my family, my mom included, are no strangers to drugs and the hard kind. Per my mom and other courses, weed is from the Earth and you can't overdose on it. Also per my mom, her and her friends tried several times in the 70s. My brother and his friends did also. Supposedly you can only smoke yourself sober also. 

Debbie could roll some of the slimmest joints around and still get you high. She couldn't stand blunts as they were all wet and she thought it was a waste of product. 

Now my mom wasn't a "weed head" but definitely a connoisseur. She knew there wasn't anything wrong with an occasional buzz. She had a lot of good points. That said, these were her thoughts and I don't smoke it personally. 

Debbie was respectful, however, and wouldn't just smoke around you for no good reason. However if you wanted to smoke and she trusted her, she was typically game. Along with weed head, you didn't dare call her a drug addict nor hippie either. 

I definitely miss the passion she had towards marijuana and am honestly glad it's being legal in more spaces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment