Monday, February 5, 2024

Debbie Lanier's Life and Times: Vol. 29- Brand Loyal

One thing about Debbie Lanier was despite her thrifty nature, she had her items she only bought by brand. She refused to cheap out on certain things. 

I knew this already growing up but as I became an adult I really understood. When I was young and broke I tried to cheap out on some things. Mom was quick to bring that to my attention. Example: I tried to cheap out on cooking oil and another item. The cooking oil was Great Value and the other item was some obscene name that my mom made fun of. 

Basically Debbie didn't cheap out on cooking oil, cleaning products such as dish detergent, paper towels, her Eggo pancakes, flour, laundry detergent, meats, toilet paper, mayonnaise and other items. She would save and skimp in hard times to ensure she could remain brand loyal. 

I look around my own home and I get it honest. I was just discussing with a friend how I go generic/Great Value on some items. Others not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment