Monday, January 22, 2024

Debbie Lanier's Life And Times: Vol 27- Superman!

These next two volumes are of course significant numbers involving my mom so I will cover extra special topics to her. 

My mom didn't get into comics like I did but she loved Superman. She equivocated Superman to Jesus as he is The Man Of Steel and could only be destroyed by kryptonite. 

Debbie watched most of the old movies and nearly every Superman related series there was. She could not get and would criticize the show for creating Clark Kent and giving him glasses but Lois Lane nor anyone else could tell that was Superman. She also wondered how Clark could change into Superman inside of a tiny phone booth. 

My mom did think Superman was so superior to Batman on so many levels such as having actual superpowers, not transforming from a varmint and having way less villains.

Superman was a positive part of my mom's childhood and she loved that he continued to live on and be apart of the DC Universe we see now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment