Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Debbie Lanier's Life and Times: Vol 24: Hickory Grove

In this final installment of 2023 about my mom, I think of course about things and places she loved. She really loved living as a young girl and going to  Hickory Grove, SC. Hickory Grove is a small community between Blacksburg and York. They had 3 schools back in the 50s, including a high school.  

My mom was heavily involved in Girl Scouts and other activities while attending those schools. She had decent grades also. However once her parents moved the family over the county line to Kings Creek, she was forced to attend Blacksburg schools and never liked that. 

I ran into one of her high school classmates as this year was that class's 50th reunion and they remembered my mom. It made me think of the awesome times she had going to Hickory Grove schools and how her life may had been different had she not moved. 

I'm glad she didn't uproot us like that and even gave us an option later on regarding attending a different school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment