Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Debbie Lanier's Life and Times: Part 14- Animals

Debbie had a lifetime love for animals, especially kind, sweet animals. 

She had several dogs and cats throughout her lifetime and mine also. It wasn't listed in the obituary but she left her cat Mosey, and dogs Ninja and Peony. Ninja became ill a month following Mom's passing and transitioned and a local rescue group came and got Peony at both of our requests. Mosey is under my care now and I definitely take care of you and hoping to get her to the vet before the end of the year. 

Mom at one point had 30 cats and 3 dogs and kept them fed daily. They started dying off due to predators. I wouldn't mind having another cat inside or out especially after Mosey is fixed and has her shots. My uncle got two Jack Russell terriers, Spud and Bud, on his property. They come to my part of the property sometimes but they are harmless and adorable. My mom wasn't a fan of dogs that were angry and killed smaller animals. I think she would love and would spoil these dogs. I feel like she send them for me and the home she spent 3 decades building up. 

My mom loved animals and anything small for a lifetime and loved having them around. She hated when her dad would have to kill something to eat or sell it. At one point we had dogs, cats, chickens, a rabbit and parakeets. She just showed anything around her love. 

My mom was my own pet sitter and such and right now I want to have animals like Mosey and the Jack Russells that are more self sufficient. You best believe I will have something for myself and for her legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment