Sunday, October 27, 2019

STARS: Avoiding the garder/bouquet at a wedding

I will dive back into my couponing series after I have that huge haul or when I get to shadow a seasonal vet. I saved almost $30 this week and had a decent haul but it wasn't anything life changing or different.  

I will say this before I start my STAR story: make sure you know the stores and cashiers you shop at.  You need to know how to navigate it, obtain what items you need, and even which cashiers will work with you best. Doing that is slowly helping me. 

Ok now on with the story. Many of us have been a part of a wedding in one way or the other. Some of us do not like the bouquet and garter tradition. It puts your singlehood on display and rarely seems to work. I have devised a way to get out of this tired tradition.

I pay attention to what is going on at the reception, especially the order. It is printed on the program sometimes.  But remember if it isn't, it typically happens after the cake cutting (my favorite part btw).  Also, listen for the DJ or whomever is doing announcements to yell for the single men/ladies. 

I saw at the most recent wedding that if all that isn't enough, wait till the bride is seated in front of everyone. That is a dead giveaway of what is about to be given away. Another thing I look for is the DJ to play "Single Ladies" by Beyonce'. 

I then make a timely exit, often minutes before then. I have missed toasts and almost cake because of this. I even allow up to 15 minutes for this ritual to be complete and I wait outside until I no longer see the bride with her bouquet.  I am then free! 

Now if you like this and you jump for the bouquet, go ahead. But if you're like me and others and would rather not partake, this can help you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment