Monday, October 14, 2019

Couponing series: my latest adventure

The store was Dollar General. I had all of my coupons together except one for Bounty Towels. The cashier was even a former coworker of mine. 

I organized how much I would need to get for the $5 off of $25 first, then getting what I needed including what I had specials off it.  The digital coupons matched the paper ones and I saved well and got a decent haul.  

My OOP was close to my goal: $14. I got two Crest toothpastes, a Crest SCOPE mouthwash, three packs of Gilette disposable razors, Nivea lotion, Angel Soft 12 pack toilet paper and a pack of gum. I ended up saving $26. 

I still think I could have did a little better but my first small haul wasn't bad. I used a combination of Klip2Save, a coupon fairy and had 3 P&G inserts (they come once/month). 

I am now prepping for a possible return trip on Halloween weekend and to shadow one of my couponing mentors. That big haul and sub $10 day is coming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment