Monday, November 6, 2017

1999: Final Series For This Year

I have had some great years in my life.  No doubt  the best and most coming of age year was 1999. I am wrapping up my 2018 writing season with a series dedicated to this year,  and someone I became close to in this year.

I was midway through college but hadn't quite hit my groove. That is until the Spring semester. After a lackluster Fall that felt worse than my freshman year,  I knew I had to bring stronger focus in all areas of my life. I even wrote myself a contract of all the things I charged myself to do,  as well as a list of goals. I ended up accomplishing many of my own expectations,  and even exceeding them. 

Things were finally falling into place for me in the social and friend realm,  Residence Life,  academically and with my family. This was the year I started going home less on weekends and breaks and even stayed all summer to work (more on that later.) I was learning my worth,  making memories and got to the point where I knew I had jealous haters.  That was no nevermind as many loved me also.  I loved the place I was in life. 

Life got better for me then and forever when one of my funny, loud , next door neighbors got more involved in Residence Life.  We really became close friends that year.  When one mentions 1999, they think of Prince's classic song.  I think of it as the year I bonded with a certain person. 

Also,  my cousin/nephew turned 21 yesterday.  Ironic as this was also the year I turned 21. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment