Monday, November 20, 2017

1999: More Confidence and Enthusiasm

As I continue to grieve my friend Chris Farmer and come off of another great WU Homecoming, I think of the memories and people that made my WU experience, and 1999, so great. 

Farmer may be the subject of focus and the springboard. However, many great things continued to happen after that great summer of 1999.

My confidence with the ladies was finally growing. I was in a better place where I could filter the BS and be around those that always showed me love. The music and movies were great during that time also. It seemed to be a great time of unity, perhaps because many folks were concerned about Y2K.

I remember when Farmer and I were both RAs and we had to be on a committee together.  He called me with enthusiasm when I got to be on the Dining Services Advisory Board (yeah I didn't play about food then either).

Going to meetings with him were life. He would made serious suggestions but would be so comical in his delivery. It was honestly such easy work since we had meetings during lunch and no outside work was required. 

I also saw him frequently as he would come over to Richardson Hall and see me and other RAs he was friends with. It's still funny to this day the reaction he gave when his then girlfriend (future wife) became an RA and got her hall assignment. She was assigned to Margaret Nance, the all women's hall that didn't allow any type of male visitation.  Me: Well Farmer you do have your own room man. Farmer: Yeah Drew but my room gets old!

My enthusiastic and comical side came to the forefront that year. WU fam, you can thank Farmer for that.

It was good to have such a memorable year, and share it with a memorable guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment