Monday, October 9, 2017

Now This Is How You Boycott

Ok now folks are starting to get the message on how to effectively boycott. Perhaps even too much.

Dove soap made a huge misstep in their misguided racist ad. It has several people of color wanting to blacklist the famous soap and its products.

This is hitting them where it hurts: the pockets. People don't buy Dove or if they can't appeal to a large demographic, they're in trouble, period. This is boycotting and protesting with more action and greater meaning.

People are doing to same to ESPN in the wake of the Jemele Hill suspension. Now she may have truth to what she is saying. However she has been warned once before and now is paying the price. She is putting ESPN on notice as being hypocritical and overly political and biased. However, she is smearing her own career. Think if we just carried on any type of way on social media regarding specific topics. We would also be fired or suspended. I remember that being a topic of discussion during orientation of my current job.

I have been boycotting and blacklisting causes, products and businesses for years. Add my former doctors office to that list. I needed to get records faxed and had to stop by and sign for them, thinking it was going to be that day (sending a fax doesn't take long at all). I received a phone call from a rude receptionist saying it would be a week since they have a specific person that only deals with that once/week. After her and I went back and forth for about 5 minutes , I ask to speak to her manager. She hangs on me. Yep, that's right. I was hotter than a bottle rocket in July. I gave myself a while to cool down, then called back and asked for the manager. She was very apologetic and assured me they would fax the records soon. Come to find out, they faxed them that same day. Not only were they rude, but they lied and were lazy. I was already done with the doctor, I am trying to get done with the office. I pray I don't need to return there.

Now here's the next thing: how long will folks boycott the NFL, Dove Soap, ESPN, etc. People still eat at Wild Wings, Denny's and Cracker Barrell and wear Adidas sneakers. There seems to be a shelf life on the hurt and anger.

Either way, continue to blacklist and boycott with purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment