Sunday, October 15, 2017

2017 miles: WOW!

It still hasn't kicked in.

Many of you know by now that I am an active runner. I am training for 3 huge upcoming races currently. At the beginning of the year, I wanted to set a goal to run/walk at least 1,000 miles. Then a challenge came up to do 2,017 miles in 12 months.

Now I do run but I also do other physical activities so I didn't know how possible even a thousand would be. That is until I did the math for 365 days. I knew especially once I got into my marathon training, 2017 and more was realistic. So I bought a $12 pedometer and went to work.

I not only record my runs, but my walks and steps and convert them into miles. I work for Amazon, which entails a lot of walking just being in there for 40 hours/week. I also do a lot of walking outside of work and fitness and yardwork. Add all of that up and some weeks I was logging 60-70 miles of running and walking. I checked and they will allow either one.

I wanted to do it right and keep myself tight. However stress and an off diet added some fluff in areas I didn't want. But I am getting that under control and adding more activities to mix all of that up. Either way I have achieved 2,017 miles for the year and I haven't even ran my final two races left.

These are many people to thank, including God of course. I am not going to name everyone as I don't want to omit anyone. I simply want to thank all that were part of the journey and process. Whether you walked and ran some with me, or you cheered me on, every one of you mattered and helped me. Thanks to all!

I love victories like this. The ultimate victories are completing runs, walks and races at my goal pace, and staying fit and healthy. I always feel I am closer to this.

Until then, I await my medals for both 1,000 and 2,017. They will go nicely with my overall collection of bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment