Sunday, May 4, 2014

2014 Summer Movie Preview

The 2014 summer movie season officially started this past weekend with The Amazing Spiderman 2. I saw it and enjoyed it. Now I'm ready for what the remaining summer months has to offer: 

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT:

The latest X-Men: Days Of Future Past, seems great,  as does Adam Sandler teaming with Drew Barrymore once again in Blended. Seth MacFarlane's spaghetti western A Million Ways To Die In The West should be really entertaining.  It seems to have a Blazing Saddles feel to it. Other movies I really want to see include 22 Jump Street,  The Purge Anarchy,  Expendables 3, the James Brown biopic, Guardians Of The Galaxy,  and Sin City: A Dame To Kill For.

WHAT I DON'T CARE FOR

I'm not really impressed with the latest Godzilla movie.  I believe they have overblown this franchise over the past few decades.  Transformers 4 will be much different with Mark Wahlberg as the lead in Shia LeBeauf. I may still see that one. I can't believe the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are again returning to the big screen.

SOME SUPRISES

I believe Think Like A Man Too could be entertaining and edgy. Neighbors will be a sleeper as a hilarious comedy.

Outside of these movies I mentioned,  everything else is a crapshoot.  The summertime is good for going to the movies and drive-ins, and I'm overall very happy as to what's in store.

What are some summer movies you have to see? Which ones do you not care for either?

No comments:

Post a Comment