Monday, April 21, 2014

Fitness Challenges and Results

Over the past several months,  I have refocused and rejuvenated my physical fitness goals. This began in September when I changed over to Anytime Fitness. Thus far, it appears to be working out.  I am highly motivated,  seeing results again, and am setting many long and short term goals. I am also involved in some challenges,  one of which just ended.

I was in a Biggest Loser Challenge at Anytime York. It was based on weight percentage lost. I ended up being the winner of this challenge, which ended last week.  Although my metabolism and motivation are both up, I still have weight loss goals. Therefore, I plan to continue this challenge on my own. I'm less than 20 pounds from my goal, a far cry from where I began.

Another challenge is wrapping up this week. Many of you have seen the "Get Moving" video that Anytime Spartanburg-Hillcrest made featuring me. I am participating in the Jacob's Ladder Mount  Everest challenge.  The goal of the challenge is to climb 29,035 total feet on the Jacob's Ladder,  the height of Mount Everest.  All who accomplish this feat receive a free T-shirt and recognition on the Jacob's Ladder web page, as well as social media. At press time, I am about 3,500 feet away, and I plan to finish this challenge this week. 

My other challenge at Spartanburg-Hillcrest will take more work, which is fine. It is running on the treadmill at a speed of 6 with an incline of 30. I have did similar workouts in the past through Jeanette Jenkins. However, this one will be a doozy. I am currently working on incline level 9, and I can run nearly 6 miles without an incline. I'm confident I can reach this challenge within the next couple of months. Those who accomplish this feat will be featured on the wall at the Spartanburg-Hillcrest facility.

Finally, there is one that caps off all of these challenges, and other ones. It's sharing my own Anytime story via www.myanytimestory.com. The grand winner will receive $10,000 for themselves , plus $10,000 for the charity of my choice.  I have my charity picked out, and I'm putting together my story.  The deadline is June 17, my deceased father's birthday.  I hope to have an even better chapter to add to my already amazing journey with Anytime Fitness.

Thanks and shoutouts will follow later. For now, I just want to thank you all that have followed my fitness journey since my days at YBB and previous to this.  It feels good to be back in the saddle and I don't plan to disappoint.  I am using old methods mixed with new ones from others to give myself the healthy physique I desire.

Continue to keep up with me in my physical adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment