Monday, November 6, 2023

Debbie Lanier's Life and Times: Volume 19- Secrets

It's no secret to some that Debbie Lanier could keep a secret as well as anyone. There's stuff about her or that she knew that I will never know. If someone confided in her, that's as far as it went. 

My mom took confidentiality seriously. I've been holding back some secrets and realizing that she was truly the only person I could trust not to say anything. She held water really well. I knew I could vent to her about something I was told and get her thoughts on it. I will miss that about her because nowadays that's a super power. 

I've found out more stuff about her the past few months as I've gone through her things. She just wasn't going to tell anything easily, especially if it were none of her business or if she were trusted with the information. I doubt if I will ever fill that void but I know she's proud of me that I do the same for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment