Sunday, March 21, 2021

STARS: Grilling a Good Steak

It's officially Spring and with more folks getting vaccinated, we're about to be having more cookouts. At worst, more people will be grilling on their own. 

One of the things that people love but can struggle with is properly grilling a steak. It's not as hard as it seems but you do have to pay careful attention. 

I make sure my heat is medium at least on the grill and the coals are evenly distributed. I prefer to cook other items first to allow the coals to settle and burn some more. 

I also marinate the steaks the night before, regardless of the cut. I simply buy a marinade out of the grocery store and add some Worchestire sauce, and balsamic vinegerette. I also season them with basic salt, pepper, steak seasoning and Tony Sauterisseire. 

I then place the steaks on no more than 6 at a time, preferably 4. You need more room on your grill for the heat to evenly distribute. 

I tend to do around 10 minutes per side for medium rare or medium. I may do an extra 2-3 minutes per side for a well done steak.  

I have found through trial and error that doing these things will get you a tasty steak. There are always other techniques and such to really up your steak game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment