Monday, May 11, 2020

STARS: Slowly Reentering the World

The pandemic still goes on but there is light now at the end of the tunnel. Locally and nationally, places and businesses are starting to open up. Some are doing it all at once. Others are doing it in waves and with restrictions.  One will have to assess how the viruses is still spreading and as weather continues to get hotter, how they should proceed. 

I will continue to go to work and to the grocery store as long as my health allows me to. I will continue to practice social distancing and wearing a mask and even gloves in some instances. An ounce of prevention is still a pound of cure. 

I will wait a week or two for crowds to die down each time a business reopens, such as indoor dining or a cafe. Some places will have restrictions but I am in no hurry to simply get more sick. I have tracked certain areas and have seen the positives and negatives. There are business owners that honestly don't care about CDC guidelines; they simply want to make money and recoup lost income. 

Finally, I plan to avoid any large crowds for a while. I will utilize my judgment as to how many people I should be around and increase that number over time. I saw many crowds gathering this past weekend. That is not the wise decision just yet. Everyone has to realize how we got into this and what is going to keep us out of this. A relapse could be way worse.

I know every restriction will not last and stick. However, I plan on doing my part and will stay away from those that aren't..

No comments:

Post a Comment