Monday, April 20, 2020

STARS: Gaining Patience

There are many qualities and values necessary to survive the current pandemic. One of those is definitely patience. 

I am actually not as patient as I appear or think. I get anxious and antsy over certain things. I too want the world to reopen, more people to come to work, and to at least go to a movie and sit in my favorite coffee shop. 

I am continuing to follow the guidelines laid out and protecting myself. I am practicing more breathing and meditation techniques. Liv Walton on the famed TV show "The Waltons" would often quote 10 Bible scriptures when she would get upset. 

I set short term daily and weekly goals and stay optimistic and positive.  I am not allowing any room for negativity, now more than ever. 

I also set blocks of extra quiet and productive planning and mental resetting. Everything hasn't been taken away from me so I am utilizing what I have. 

I have been able to breath easier, live, laugh, love and still enjoying life. Life is not over yet and I am going to embrace this phase and grow from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment