Monday, August 10, 2015

Part Two: More To These Restaurants Than Meets The Eye

Last week, I covered a few mom and pop restaurants around the area, many of which have sketchy appearances but awesome food. This week, I will cover more in North and South Carolina.

Clover:

Courtney's BBQ:

This joint looks small and run down. But trust me, you would be hard pressed to find a place around here that serves better pulled pork. I mentioned them in my article last year about Clover. They also have an awesome Saturday country breakfast buffet. They are open Thursdays-Saturdays so get there early and come hungry.

Patti-Os:

I can't say enough good things about this place. The building used to be Cagie's Bar in the 70s but now has lots of good eats and specials. I dare you to find a place anywhere with better stuffed burgers.

Rock Hill:

Anna J's:

It is a small quaint joint that serves some of the best southern cuisine you will find at low prices. When I lived in Rock Hill, I went here twice/month for lunch.

Empire Pizza:

Empire has become one of Rock Hill's newest hangouts, and anotuer gathering place for Winthrop alums. Their Italian food is hard to beat, and they are open late. Plus they have a live band nearly every Friday.

Charonda's:

It is not easy to find good Mexican food other than Broncos in Gaffney. Charondas isn't far off. They have awesome drink specials, great food, and two locations in Rock Hill.

Charlotte: 

Rudenas:

Yeah I know it's mostly a jump off spot after the club and it's on Beatties Ford Road near Johnson C. Smith University. But they have pretty good food and it's hard to find anything open late than isn't a chain restaurant.

Jack Beagles:

I have mentioned them before also. My friend Rashad swears by them. They have good, unique dishes and are located in the NoDa arts district in Charlotte. They are definitely worth a try.

Buca di Beppo:

Located off of South Boulevard in the Pineville area, their Italian food is delicious and they serve large portions. They don't have calzones or strombolis but I'm sure they could make them special. If you want authentic Italian in Charlotte, this is the place to go.

Shelby/Kings Mountain:

Bridges BBQ:

This is long a Cleveland County staple. They have good BBQ, almost as good as Courtney's and they are near the mall.

Mi Pueblitos:

You wouldn't think a Mexican joint out in the cut would be that tasty. But it is and their cooks take pride in serving you delicious food.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment