Monday, June 1, 2015

1st Annual Drewsies Awards

I have been reading and collecting newspapers for two decades now and am  a loyal subscriber to the Gaffney Ledger. That being said, one of my favorite parts of the newspaper is when they give out awards for best restaurants, businesses, etc. I am adding a bit of a twist to my awards show "the Drewsies".  I am awarding 36 different categories, one for each year I have been alive. This will be tough, and I will do my best to be fair and unbiased.

Best journalist/writer: Joe Hughes II
Best photographer: Alvin Hinton
Best DJ: Mike Dawkins

Realest on social media (and life): Billy Moore

Best bar and grill: Patti O's
Best BBQ: Courtney's BBQ
Best service organization: Smokin Rita and Friends
Best gym: Anytime Fitness
Best fitness instructor: Angie Dover
Best trainer: Simone Mack
Best buffet: Best Pizza Buffet
Best fitness community: Upstate SC
Best running club: Run The Rock
Best teacher: Erin Helms
Best civil rights activist: Will Pruitt
Best TV comedy: The Middle
Best TV drama: Orange Is The New Black
Best parties/cookouts: The Morris Boys
Best social network: Twitter
Best chiropractor: Bill and Chad
Best dentist: Brown and Harrell
Best place for tires: Roberts Tire
Best seafood: Captain Steve's
Best steak house: Texas Roadhouse
Best salad bar: Ruby Tuesday
Best birthday freebie: Moe's Southwest Grill
Best sub sandwiches: Sub Station II in Gaffney
Best supermarket: Publix
Best movie theater: NCG theatres
Best pizza, calzones and strombolis: Venus Pie
Best retail store: Target
Best pharmacy: CVS
Best late night hangout spot: Empire Pizza
Best mall: Village of Sandhills
Best shoe store: Nike Factory Outlet
Best new TV drama: Empire

OK I could go on and on but I will stop at 36. Hope all of you enjoyed this year's Drewsies!

No comments:

Post a Comment