Sunday, December 21, 2014

2014 Christmas Letter

This is the piece I honestly look forward to writing each year. I get to wish everyone associated with me a Happy Holiday season. Many prefer cards and that is fine. I prefer the letter format because it is more extra personal, and it is available at anytime. Plus it ensures I don't leave anyone out.

2014 was a resurrection year for myself in many ways: physical, mental, social, and spiritual. I finally got back on track with my fitness goals after a year at Anytime Fitness. I lost over 50 pounds but more importantly, I gained tools to help me sustain my weight loss better. I am eating more cleanly and loving it. Additionally I have made several fitness connections in the Spartanburg and Rock Hill areas, including my running club. I plan to continue toning up in 2015, and running at least one half marathon.

I attended two weddings this year. Both were coworkers of mine and were both different but enjoyable. My day will come but until then, I will enjoy the happiness of others.

Having a strong social circle has been a blessing to me as I get invited to many outings and events, and almost always feel welcome.

I have learned to do more cooking this year, including my own hash and macoroni and cheese recipes. Hopefully these and my grilling skills will help me to return the favor and host more gatherings in 2015.

Service organizations were big for me this year. I was still heavily involved with Smokin Rita and Friends, then became involved with Save Our Children Movement Inc and The Nemo Group. Service to others and helping young children are both near and dear to my heart.

Employment wise, I completed my 11th year at the Robert Allen Group. I was more successful with finding side income, including reconnecting with two of my long time mentors.

My writings were strong, diverse and aimed at covering many hot and controversial issues. I plan on starting an e-book and continuing to find ways for folks to take me seriously as a writer.

Family wise, everything is overall well. There were plenty of new additions. My mom decided in her 60th year on the planet to learn smart phones and even joined Facebook, which she loves most days. For the first time in 20 years, I was able to take her out for her birthday and Mother's Day. She still prefers the comforts of her home, but she made more of an effort to reach out in 2014.

Life hasn't been perfect, but it has been good. I can sit back and reflect on a lot of positive things from 2014 and carry them over into next year.

Happy Holidays to everyone out there! I love you all and I feel grateful for those that allow me into their presence. God bless each and everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment