Sunday, November 2, 2014

Why I Like Fall So Much

I have written and spoken on why I like Fall so much. It is hands down my favorite season. There are many reasons why and I will give a few.

1. The leaves of course.

It's always beautiful to see the leaves changing, especially where I live. There are all sorts of colors and it simply looks festive and refreshing.

2. Football is back

I wrote an entire piece simply dedicated to football a couple of years ago. It is America's sport, an awesome one, and best watched and played during this season. Like Fall, football never seems to last long enough.

3. The county fair.

This is another separate topic that I recently wrote about. The fair always comes to my area just as Fall begins and I associate one with the other. The weather is just getting cooler as the fair rolls through. And speaking of weather,...

4. The weather.

During the Fall, it's a nice balance of weather. There is usually not too much rain or snow, and is simply comfortable outside and in. Summer is often too hot, winter is often too cold, and spring is too sporadic. Fall is the weather equalizer.

5. Fall holidays.

Some of my favorite holidays occur in the Fall, especially Halloween and Thanksgiving. Halloween is great simply for the candy, parties and dressing up. Thanksgiving is the ultimate cheat day from any clean eating regimen and it is great for socializing with family and friends. All of this embodies the Fall spirit.

6. College homecomings

They seem to be exciting, even if you didn't attend that college. The HBCU homecomings are especially fun and have set the standard over the years for Homecoming. It is also another good time for reuniting.

7. Christmas is around the corner

Love or hate the winter holiday season, one must admit this is when people are often in the happiest of moods. They are leaving all other worries behind, and are focusing on humankind, as we should do year round.

What are some of the things you enjoy about Fall? Is it one of your favorite seasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment