Sunday, June 23, 2013

July Photo Challenge and Details

One of the biggest things that has made Instagram a popular social network has been photo challenges. Since July is my birth month and I have completed one every month since being on IG, I'm trying my hand at creating one of my own.

Now although I'm a veteran at doing the challenges, I still run across some days and terms that confuse me. Here are some tips, pointers and explanations to help those in my challenge.

1. The challenge begins on Monday, July 1. Therefore, don't fret if you miss a day. You can catch up and even get ahead.

2. OOTD means Outfit Of The Day. This means take a picture of the outfit you are wearing for the day. Also, duck face means poking your lips out like that of a duck. Idol means simply your role model, mentor, someone you look up to. Selfie means a self-shot of yourself. Many IGers already do these regularly. And picstitch is when two or more pictures or images are combined..

3. Be very creative. Use screenshots if your phone allows you to. All of your photos need not be live, they just have to fit the description somehow. 

4.  When you post your photos to Facebook and/or Instagram, tag them with #drewhousepics. This way, I can view them all for that particular day, week, and month.

5. Obviously you have to complete the challenge to be eligible for any prizes. I was thinking of doing a small gift certificate to a place of the winner's liking. Basically, I want to be wowed.  Get my attention with your photos. There will be a potential tiebreaker in place should enough people complete the challenge and have impressive pictures.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook by the same handler, drewhouse74, to participate. I will have the challenge posted here, on the previously mentioned networks, and will also email it to you if you like.

I have worked dilligently to put together a good and fun challenge. Can't wait to see your pictures.  Contact me with any questions. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment