Thursday, August 27, 2026

The Deck at 260 Volume 48

Whew doggies what a day/week/month on the deck! Is it really almost September/end of summer?

TX Roadhouse, Hayden, Labor Day weekend, Clover v Lake Wylie, college football , Lindsay Clancy, Dalton and Saco, Dolly Parton, other deaths, Penn State

Ok this Texas Roadhouse deal has been getting overblown. I haven't seen a single report of it's a collective deal or exactly which restaurants are doing this to Black people's fold. You all know by know I stand strongly for the cause. However those that haven't worked in a restaurant nor been in a restaurant kitchen don't realize how nasty that food truly is. I detached from Roadhouse a while ago (those rolls are still some of the best though!) and have went to Longhorn. More locations, less crowded, better steaks (that Tomahawk) and a more versatile menu.

We're in another run of celebrity deaths. It started with Hayden Panteriee and it's gone to Eddie Kane, Dolly Parton, the voice of Optimus Prime, the drummer from ZZ Top and even Tim Curry. Dolly is definitely the most notable. Dolly really stood for the cause and supported ALL human beings! You better believe when I get back to my race relations activism Aunt Dolly will be referenced. No negative comments will be tolerated! 

It always feels weird when the first Monday in September is on the 2nd week of the month. Labor Day weekend is still a month out. I'm preparing the best I can as I will have a more odd weekend than usual. 

The Clover School District has two high schools for the first time in history: Clover and Lake Wylie. They are sharing a stadium in the interim and are now arguing about how the colors on the field should be. It should be equal on the field and even highlighted with Lake Wylie flags during their home games. There's no mistaking that this is Clover's stadium, has been for years. You can represent the new school without taking the traditions from the current one! I wish I could attend the inaugural game but I have my 30 year high school reunion that weekend!

College football is slowly kicking off and now you have players that tried to walk on to an NFL team or went undrafted, were released and reenrolling in college due to a transfer portal loophole. This definitely needs to be addressed as there are obvious violations. I knew there would be mass issues if the transfer portal wasn't clear enough.

Who else is sick of Dalton and Sako? I'm good with influencers. Many have become like reality TV stars and it's getting sickening.  

Speaking of race relations, the Penn State scandal is wild. We all know that if this was at an HBCU the sanctions and scrutiny would be worse. People really need to learn and practice confirmation bias and realize the playing field is not level. 

Finally Dolly Parton was a national treasure. Her death hits the hardest for many. I do also appreciate the jokes with "boobs at half mast". We all need to strive to be more like Dolly. 

See you in September!


No comments:

Post a Comment