Monday, December 20, 2021

STARS: Breaking social media algorithms

We see more and more social media content hidden and not visible. You want to see more of your friends and family and less of others. Moreover, you want your posts to be noticed more. I'm currently working on that with #imjustdrew. 

I am going to start with the blue app, Facebook. 

I ensure that I post enough times during a given day, no less than five and no more than 20 so I won't get hidden or muted. I make my posts as thought provoking as possible to accumulate likes and comments. It's helpful to comment or make your own comments under your own posts. Getting shares and making certain posts public has definitely helped me as well. 

I use popular hashtags to my advantage also to gain higher visibility and notoriety.  I also hide certain posts and people that I wish to keep in contact with but can be a little much for FB. I instead add certain ones to my favorites to see them more. You can do that with your own but I do not like to force that. Tagging certain people in posts is another toll I have found helpful. 

I also post during peak times such as weekdays after 5pm and Sundays after 6pm when more folks are on social media and will see a random status quicker.  

I have grown my overall following over the past 10 years from 20 maximum on a post to a record 1,046 on a post in mid November and certain posts have reached in the 100s on comments and likes. Take back your timeline, it's very doable!

No comments:

Post a Comment