Monday, November 18, 2019

My Ways Of Getting Self Care

Yes this is sort of a retread of a previous blog. I have added some things since, did further research and this is in alignment with the STAR method. 

I block off hours or a certain day or days for this to occur. I plan fun, relaxing outings where I don't think about work, my mother's health, or the other things that can be stressful. 

I also meditate and exercise during any free moment I can. Research indicates one must get a certain amount of intense exercise per week and I do my best to meet this expectation.  

I also spend one entire day making plans for the week: meals, clothes, and outings. This way, my hectic days can flow easier. 

I also take naps and spend my days off getting my sleep and rest. Trust me, it's not easy when you work nights but perhaps I will cover that later on in the future. 

Doing this has helped me to be more happy, productive, and positive.  I cannot forget refreshed. We all need breaks before we break. I hope this helps many of you do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment