Sunday, February 17, 2019

Car information: key remotes

Many advancements in technology have trickled down to even automobiles.  Over the past couple of decades, it has been cool to have a keyless remote to unlock your car, trunk, start your engine, and serve as a security system. I wouldn't have a car without one.

Well unknown to me, if the battery in the remotes dies after the system alerts you that is low, you could be stranded.  Yes there are keys inserted in many of these newer remotes. But the car is programmed to recognize an active key or it will not start. That is equally confusing and refreshing.  My spare was misplaced in the middle of a cleaning incident also. Therefore, I had to pray as hard as I have in the past to get to the nearest store and obtain the proper tools necessary to replace my remote battery before I was stranded.

After looking at YouTube tutorials and contacting my sales rep about the warranty, I had my key remote battery replaced and was good once again.

Details can be missed at the point of sale and even within your own research and experience. However I know now and want to let others know to preserve their car remote and the batteries: know their shelf life and factory warranties. Knowledge is power and ignorance isn't always bliss. 

My backup should be found or replaced really soon, and I have three spare batteries. Therefore I am good and educated for a while.

Being that this is tax season and many of you are buying and upgrading your vehicles, this is the type of stuff to look for. Don't let yourself get stressed nor stranded, know what you have and how to properly replace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment