Monday, June 25, 2018

Check In

For my friends and family that have left me suddenly.  Depression and mental illness are real and people need to know they are loved and valued. 

Check In

Hello, just wanted to see what's all good
Hope you didn't do what I thought you would
Remember you did all you can and could
Life is precious but also hectic
People will try and get to you with every tactic
Often saying nothing says it all
They were definitely waiting on your downfall
You're here, I'm here so let's talk
No judgment, let the words flow, no one is at fault
You have to live and be you
No one does that better than you do
Reach out to me as well
Don't feel like I'm too busy or going through Hell
Talking to you can be good for both of us
I couldn't imagine if you didn't take another breath, word or fuss
You're you and I want to know how all is
I like to drink the drink before there is no fizz
Let me or someone know that you're okay
And maybe then, one less life spared, more words to say

No comments:

Post a Comment