Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Time to Express Some Feelings

I realize I haven't gotten deep in a while, although I have been experiencing a wide range of emotions. Rereading/editing my book is bringing all of these full circle.

Therefore, here's a little diddy to put them all in. It's called Rusty.

These past two weeks have me feeling dusty
Hurricanes, drama, heartbreak, flu, dang I'm rusty.
Why don't people move from the coast?
God is trying to tell you something, it's a yearly roast
Also, keep the pettiness far away
Save that drama for another time, another day
When you see me out, we can talk
Don't start playing with a toy you haven't paid for and bought
I'm ready to love, but it wasn't the right one
The search isn't over, she is still out, waiting for her hun
I'm better about getting to know women, letting them know
It will be a classy thing and not a sideshow
To this female, be ready to get treated right
And if someone disrespects you, they in for a fight
Fight, like with this cold
This thing was sneaky and bold
I'm on the mend and can't wait to get back
Editing and resting is the move
I will soon return to my groove

No comments:

Post a Comment