Saturday, May 7, 2016

10 Reasons Why I Am So Competitive

I have been a competitive person for so long, pretty much my whole life. It even got to the point where I became a sore loser and my mother had to correct me. My career and even becoming a runner, writer, and former competitive eater have helped to fuel that competitive fire.

So what makes a person competitive? Where are ten reasons why I'm this way.

1. I really hate the feeling of losing more than I do winning. It's an awful feeling that I never want to feel. It's only second or third to losing a loved one.

2. Many of you are aware of my journey to manhood and social growth I am highlighting weekly on www.imjustdrew.com. In short, I had to overcome a lot of obstacles growing up that make me tougher and lit a fire inside.

3. It's fun to compete, and gives me a feeling of accomplishment everytime I go out for something. I feel like Sue Heck from The Middle since I try so hard at everything.

4. I started in trivia and high school football in my adolescent years. Being around so many folks better than me allowed me to look at myself and see where I needed to improve.

5. My motto is similar to the Army "be all that you can be." I feel if I'm not giving 100%, my heart isn't fully into it and perhaps I shouldn't be doing it.

6. I like to inspire and motivate others and I feel there are few better ways than being a living example.

7. Not along do I hate losing, I hate feeling inadequate. That is honestly my biggest fear.

8. I love sports and watch athletes and teams compete regularly. I get really invested in games, races and matches.

9. I love a good challenge, and I welcome all challengers. You have to beat me before you can legitimately say you're better than me at something.

10. There's a great thrill to being a champion and being on top. People rarely remember 2nd place and 3rd, well,...

And a bonus one:

We all like being associated with winners, and those that possess a winning attitude. No one likes being in the armpit or bottom of anything. Mediocrity is also rarely good, if ever.

So there it is. I will continue to find ways to fuel my competitive fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment