Friday, December 18, 2015

2015 Christmas Letter

What a year this has been! I cannot believe it's time for my annual Christmas/Holiday letter.

This year was a year of two halves for me. The first half of the year, I celebrated my 12th year of employment with The Robert Allen Group. Over the summer, I began a new journey and started working for Amazon in Spartanburg. It has been hard, but fulfilling and rewarding work thus far. I like having more opportunities worldwide and getting to participate in the company's two busiest times: Prime Day and Peak 2015.

I still maintained and exceeded my fitness status. At 37, I am in the best shape of my life. Running became more serious for me in 2015 as I ran my first half marathon, a 10K, and I am lining up my 2016 races. One of which is a full marathon in late April. My furthest distance ran to date is 20 miles so I feel I am on the right track with my training.

While I have joined other fitness and running circles, I have reconnected with some old friends and circles, and discarded others. It's life and  often this is necessary. I do enjoy the time with the friends and close family I have, especially with all of the holiday gatherings and socials currently ongoing.

Smokin Rita and Friends is still going strong, raising money for The Christmas Is For Kids campaign, and many others in need. This year, more than $10,000 was raised for such causes. I wasn't able to be as involved this year, but I hope that changes in 2016. 

Entertainment wise, I have gotten into more good TV such as Empire, Power and the classic ABC sitcom The Middle. I am currently watching an episode as I type this letter. The quality and appeal of movies has waned for me. Hollywood is seemingly running out of ideas, plus it's easier to stream them on Netflix. I did see a few good ones this year on the big screen, such as the new Star Wars movie and enjoyed it, but I didn't have the desire to see the midnight premiere.

2015 was definitely a year of change, progression and growth. My mom has gotta away from social media and is mostly a homebody these days. I have fallen back from most social media, but have gotten into Snapchat.

I would like to congratulate all of my friends/fellow writers that have books and blogs out. It appears everyone wants to be Shakespeare now, but I do admit writing is a joy and a rush. Keep writing!

As always, I will enjoy the holiday season and look forward to many new things in 2016. Continued fitness progress, my e-book, more gatherings (hosted by me), my 20th high school class reunion and a new President of the United States.

Happy Holidays friends and family! I love you all and encourage you to keep reading and reaching for the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment