Sunday, August 11, 2013

Being An Animal Lover

I have loved various animals for as long as I can recall. Dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, fish, and various other types of animals, varmints, critters, etc. Chalk it up to growing up in the country and always having animals around.

My grandpa used to have dogs and chickens all around. The dogs and puppies were easier to get attached to. Then we got cats and that was another attachment. I would always take it hard when one of my pets would pass away. I would dig them a shallow grave and all.

Many animals do not scare me as I have been around them for so long and show them lots of love. I have found them to be more loyal than many humans. They don't talk or argue back. Rather they simply cuddle and listen.

I have grown closer to cats these past nine years through having my pet cat, Tiny, then through feeding my mom's animals when she was injured. Tiny was like a family member to me. When she passed away suddenly from flea infestation, it really hurt me. I am still getting used to the idea of my sweet black and white cat not roaming around my couch while I try to relax, or even blog.

You have to not only love animals, but have love in your heart, to understand the pain I have experienced. Having pets taught me responsibility as well as compassion coming up. I love seeing puppies and kittens become tame and growing up.

Animal control and the Humane Society has to take in too many animals due to negligent owners. I have often found myself treating mine like human beings. Therefore, I cannot fathom mistreating an animal.

It may be a while before I have another inside animal, but you can bet I will always find one outside to adore and spoil.

No comments:

Post a Comment