Sunday, December 16, 2012

2012 Christmas Letter

2012 is winding down and I must say it was a long one. It wasn't the best one, but thank God I survived.

The year started off rough for myself and my family. I lost my uncle Bill Jack on NYE 2011, and then on November 13th, my aunt Joyce lost her eight year battle to cancer. Uncle Bill Jack usually helped coordinate our Dover/Bradley family reunions. With him gone, I took the reins. It was quite a learning experience for me, but the tradition didn't die, and I don't want it to.

Several of my friends and relatives welcomed new life to their families. Two of my cousins got married:  Tamra in May, and G-Baby a couple of weeks ago. This was quite interesting. Tamra is 21 with no children. G, on the other hand, has three grown children and a grandchild, and he is 43. One relative did it early, another decided to wait. However, it's working well for both of them and I m happy for their respective marriages.

I was on short time at my job all year. Working diligently to find extra income and side hustles, I allowed my writing to gain more exposure. Not only do I write for Yahoo! voices, I have a column in the local Weekly Ledger. My hope for 2013 is that this writing will lead to some serious money.

I also continued my healthy lifestyle. I've gained and lost weight , and I've been told I'm keeping myself up well. I'm still a work in progress though, and hopefully I can continue to move forward in that effort.

Technology wise, I didn't get that laptop or tablet due to reduced wages and helping my mother with home improvement expenses. However I have the new Samsung Galaxy with lots of freebies and an extension with Alltel. I love the phone, but I wish the reception in certain areas were better.

Family wise, they are staying strong. My mom continues to endure several home improvement setbacks and raising a teenager with grace and strength. This teenager in question is in a long term relationship, which is tough in high school.

I'm equally proud of my friends at The Good Old Boys radio network. Four different shows, and scores of nationwide and worldwide affiliates.Big things continue to happen for us.

My romantic life has been up and down, up at the moment. I expect this upward spiral to continue in 2013.

I changed departments again in my company. I am now a Sample Support Associate. Basically, there never seemed to be enough work in my old department. Now I stay steady at worst and I like it. I only hope now for bigger, more steady paychecks.

Overall I feel blessed , learned, informed and optimistic. There are a lot of other good and bad things I can say about 2012. I will simply say I'm glad President Obama won a second term, and I have a renewed hunger for reading. I'm currently on the second book of the Fifty Shades trilogy, which I expect to finish soon.

So Happy Holidays everyone, God bless all of you. Look for bigger things and blessings in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment