Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sweet Tea Reviews (Top 5)

Hello visitors!

I've decided by popular interest and request to start blogging again. I will start with a review of sweet teas from local and national restaurants. Many of you know that sweet tea is one of my favorite drinks. Fortunately, I only drink sweet tea when I eat out, and that's maybe a couple times/week now. I drink lots of water, juice, and green tea on other occasions. Over the years, I've sampled tea all over the country (and even overseas). There's no doubt the South has the best sweet tea, as many Northern and West Coast areas don't really sweeten their tea much (if at all). Now my top 5 places to go for the best sweet tea are in no particular order:

1. Bojangles (that half gallon is a beast)
2. McDonalds (can't beat a large sweet tea for a buck)
3. Sonic (all types of great flavored teas)
4. Beacon (if you haven't tried Beacon's tea, you are missing out. You can find it for sale in several stores in the Upstate).
5. Pizza Inn in Gaffney (I'm naming this specific one b/c it's one of the few Pizza Inns, and restaurants left, that still naturally brew their tea the old-fashioned way.) Talk about a guilty pleasure. Unlimited sweet tea, salad, and a variety of regular and dessert pizzas. That makes me want to hit the gym extra hard just thinking about it.

Maybe in future posts I will elaborate on a place, or places, that have really impressed me with their sweet tea. But for now, I will stay with these 5 to kick this blog off and to give you guys something to think and comment about.

Come back frequently!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge tea drinker anymore myself... I have had tea from most of these places which were all good. Although, I don't like Lemon in my tea... Every now and then I like a good glass of sweet tea straight out of my Mom's kitchen or I could always ask Mrs. Bell for some of her sweet tea:)~Tammy~

    ReplyDelete