Monday, March 27, 2023

STARS: How I Decreased Stress In the WorkPlace Over a Decade Ago

I definitely get having to work to support your family and many environments will be stressful and hectic. One must have time and stress management skills. I absolutely put these to work when I was in a toxic situation that I needed to get out of. Names will be omitted but this was at the end of my 12 year stretch with the Robert Allen group. 

I identified the department I ultimately wanted to work in and the managers (buffers) I wanted to be around. They would treat me like human beings and give positive vibes. I had to keep my nose clean behavioral wise and at the same time keep my eyes out for anything that I could document and report to HR.  I simply had to wait for my moment for something to open up there or outside of the company. I had already taken a huge paycut and I knew what amount I needed to make to sustain a living wage. 

I had my opportunity come and I interviewed for the position and job I wanted and I was immediately given an offer. It was going to be a position in which I would not be unfairly rotated and it would be less stress and more fun. One of my counterparts noted that I needed to smile and laugh more. 

The laughter and smiles definitely came over 3 years where everything was 90% less stressful, I enjoyed my management 100% more and I had a schedule that allowed me to work on my physical and mental health. I was at my peak at both during that time, losing 70 pounds, eating cleaner, and feeling more clarity and sleeping better.

No comments:

Post a Comment