Tuesday, May 31, 2022

STARS: On The Way Back- Part 8

I was now working in Greenville, SC as a delivery driver trainer. I loved everything about the job and station except for the commute. I drove some days up to an 1 hour and 30 minutes one way to get to work. It was all good as I had a plan. 

The plan was to put myself in position to get promoted to an L4 position and eventually a remote position within Amazon. Once COVID happened, many of these positions were opening up network wide. 

I was getting set up for success through my two managers at the station, my HR rep, my Learning Area Manager and many others from other Amazon facilities. This was a process I had not experienced before. It was still the STAR method but this time you had two interviews back to back with a brief intermission. The tricky part was both interviewers had to vote in your favor for you to receive an incline. There could not be a split or tie. 

I worked weekly on my interview questions and stories to fit them into the STAR method with good metrics and the leadership principles. I narrowed my stories down to 20 solid ones that could fit many of the commonly asked questions. I had mock interviews with managers and HR reps I didn't know so I could receive more unbiased feedback. All feedback was good but hearing from a 3rd party was extra helpful. 

It took me 3 sets of the dual interviews and honing my answers and delivery but I earned my incline and offer to become an Assistant Station Manager at CLT6! It was a promotion, raise, and a much better commute.  I would miss DSC3 as I had more fun there than my previous sites, got to train and learn the AMZL flow and even got paid to travel on Amazon's dime.

I am now 7 months into my role and there have been challenges. I feel I have did well overall. I am setting goals for myself to tackle the next challenge. I feel I have come a long way but the best is still yet to come!

I met with

No comments:

Post a Comment