Monday, May 2, 2022

STARS: On The Way Back: Part 4

I was having a rebirth working in Sample Distribution. I was on an awesome team with great managers/mentors. It felt like the early RA again. The paychecks didn't add up and I knew I couldn't stay for long but I was enjoying this in between periods. 

I had to get a job where I didn't have to pull from my 401K or credit cards. I would maintain a couple of side hustles though. 

The time changed in 2014 when one of my managers changed departments and I knew the new manager and I wouldn't have the best rapport. That's when I got heavy on the job search again. I kept widening it when I would get fussed at or my integrity was tested.  I narrowed my choices down to BMW and Amazon. BMW weeded me out quickly in a screening. I applied for Amazon an hour later in a parking lot in my hot car. Within a month, I received a schedule, wage agreement, start date, etc.  I was FINALLY leaving Robert Allen after 12 years! 

It felt bittersweet as I actually had matured into a different man during that time and made many strong connections. I cherish the time and people there but it was time for another adventure. This would be an adventure where I would get paid more, would get 40 hours/week and I could use my education. 

Of course, I learned quickly it wasn't as easy as I thought to advance but definitely a reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment