Monday, May 23, 2022

STARS: On The Way Back: Part 7

I was flying high emotionally, being in my first leadership role within Amazon and first paid leadership role in nearly two decades. 

I loved everything about being in a new building from my team, my leadership and the folks I trained. 

However the tide started turning in the year that is 2020 and it was getting time to start thinking about advancement or lateraling to another position. I thought long and hard and actually loved my job and all. It was other factors that led to me thinking of a new role. 

I had mentioned the timeframe: 2020, when COVID was rampant without any vaccines. Masks everywhere. Numerous mandates. Little to no fans at sporting events. Also, many restrictions at work that added challenges. I needed to be in a smaller environment or in a virtual role. My mother was also growing older and very high risk.  I needed to reduce my stress level and peace of mind 

I looked into AMZL the delivery station with the infamous Amazon vans. It was smaller and had a different flow than FCs. Plus it was a better schedule for me, my family and my career development. I had connections from GSP1 that helped me make that lateral move to DSC3 in Greenville, SC.  I would still be able to train, which is what I love doing the most, and I would have a third of the restrictions and a smaller team. It's what I needed at that time. I was going from an AR building with 4,000 to a small delivery station of about 400.

I applied, researched, weighed the options and was happy to become a delivery driver trainer and be back in Upstate SC. I had grown so much in the past year and was ready for the next chapter in my Amazon journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment