Sunday, May 15, 2022

STARS: On The Way Back: Part 6

I was finally feeling more productive, appreciated and noticed at Amazon. I was feeling the optimism of growing as I did in 2015. 

I became a Learning Ambassador, later a Learning PIT Ambassador where I DID get trained to drive every piece of PIT equipment so I could train others. I was on the Safety Committee, Activities Committee, and I was getting praise and admiration from many leaders, particularly my direct manager and my Learning Coordinator. Things were finally looking up. 

Now I was ready to level up and advance to the next level (Tier 3) in Amazon terms. This was yet another challenge that took a year to achieve.

I learned the STAR interview method (Situation, Task, Action and Results). I practiced it through mock interviews, talking with my leaders/mentors and even geared this blog towards that purpose.  The STAR method is utilized by many major companies with great results so I knew mastering it would be extra advantageous. 

I also applied for jobs not only within the Spartanburg center but also at the ones in Charlotte.  They have 10 different centers/sites to work for and it gave me more options. 3 were launch(new) sites and that would give me more of a leg up. 

I had 4 interviews before my first incline (meaning that I could be placed in that role within a year without interviewing again and was a finalist).  I then had 2 more interviews before I earned the Learning PIT Trainer role at the newest Amazon center in Charlotte near the airport.  I was over the moon! 

I know by now you all are knowing there is more and you would be right. I earned my first leadership role within Amazon and not my last. It felt fulfilling that the 4 year wait and my hard work was paying off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment