Monday, December 26, 2022

Crutches, Boots and Scooters Part 4

After this week, I may be able to drop the boot. 

I had my staples removed and all seems to be healing fine. I'll find out more info on 12/27 regarding weight bearing and rehab. My return to work is looking very Super Bowl week-ish and for me, I want to ensure I can wear work shoes and Brooks good and do regular activities first. I'm not going to rush this. 

This past week was of course Christmas and things were well and festive leading up to those days. With COVID, flu and record low temperatures, I wasn't too disappointed about being shut-in. 

I am doing more and more for myself and am still reading, watching sports and KendraG live. I can tell this is really getting to my mom. We do have help but she wants so much to be done at once and I wouldn't be able to at full health. She did cook Christmas dinner and I did some pickups. 

I have found out how dry your feet get when you don't use them and that my front yard is basically sinking. Filling that hill area where I was injured and where two cars were stuck on a rainy Thursday are top priorities. I have noticed over the years that's a high risk area but I did not realize the danger of it. The backyard is similar at times. 

This is of course the last post of 2022 also. Part 5 will be in a new year with hopefully new ways to walk, stand, balance and wear shoes.
















No comments:

Post a Comment