Monday, December 19, 2022

Crutches, Boots, And Scooters Part 3 (The Gauze Edition)

This week was very relaxing and interesting. I felt less pain, slept more on a regular schedule as the pain meds are out of my system and got into the holiday spirit. It typically takes 21 days for a habit to kick in and now I'm on day 22 of being injured and shut in.

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss going to holiday parties along with the coffee shop, especially since this past Saturday was one of my circles annual holiday party. They all texted me that evening before the inebriation kicked in. The goal is this week is hopefully to get them on a formal group chat (COVID and some pushback against WhatsApp has held that up). 

This was a good weekend to be stuck on my couch watching sports as it was one of the best sporting weekends (several great NFL games, World Cup final, Coach Prime's final game at Jackson State, Devin Booker's 59 point game, etc.) I've also gotten into Kendra G live and have been binging past episodes. 

It hasn't been easy to keep busy and eat healthy on limited activity but I am doing it. I am out of work formally until 1/19 but my recovery may take longer. Stay tuned as I return to the doctor to have stitches removed, have a full Holiday week and do my own end of year stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment