Monday, December 12, 2022

Crutches, Boots and Scooters Part 2

This was a week where I started settling into a healthy routine and cadence following my surgery. 

I had several calls and texts the first two days of the week from people checking on me and such. I also had several calls with medical professionals and the leave team with Amazon for housekeeping and business items. 

I'm unsure if it was the meds I was given after surgery but I slept a lot the first two days as well. Talking to all of these people really wore me out as well along with using my crutches. My hallway is still congested but I started using the scooter around the house more and in the kitchen and it has made a difference. I love it! It's a challenge to transport but it's overall a solid piece of equipment for me. 

I went to both of my post-op appointments on this past Thursday and the doctors were pleased with my progress. I'm out of the splint now and do not need to wear my boot all the time now. I was instructed to still not bear any weight on my foot until 12/27 which means no driving and definitely no walking nor standing. I was also instructed to run water (not submerge nor soak) on my foot daily and wrap the area where the stitches are daily. My stitches will be removed on next Monday the 19th.

Overall I've been catching up on reading, writing and television, eating healthier as I am more prone to gain more weight since I am not as physically active, and having positive vibes around me. This past weekend was quiet and relaxing and I liked that.

This upcoming week is the first since the injury where I don't have a scheduled appointment. I can finish my holiday shopping, continue to rest, and make the most of this opportunity. I do look forward to returning back to the coffee shop and other places I like to go. My scooter allows for that access.


No comments:

Post a Comment