Sunday, October 30, 2022

STARS: How I Have Kept Mental Health In Check

I have only taken full control of my mental health over the past 20 years and it hasn't been easy at all. I still struggle and have days but I look back and I'm not where I used to be. 

I definitely think have Christ at the head of my life and enrich myself in understanding and practicing the Bible and His teachings. I also talk with like minded followers and stay plugged in to my mentors. The latter helps with every aspect of my life. 

I ensure I see my therapist and stay on my medications. I seek any extra care as well. I practice self care, workout, have fun, and rest. I know keeping my mind healthy is key to keeping the body healthy as well. It's my energy.  Poetry, writing and podcasts are huge for me also.

I sleep through the night, I panic 60% less, am 100% more focused and am more happy and cheerful. I simply like being and feeling healthy and I am blessed to have a village that looks out for me when I'm not myself. I am valued, loved and needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment