Monday, October 24, 2022

STARS: How I Increased My Faith in Christ

Disclaimer: I am not trying to force anyone away from their home church or towards a church. This is my experience and what has worked best for me in my life. I do feel everyone that follows Jesus Christ should form a solid, personal relationship with Him though. 

I have fought many internal battles in my life. One is my relationship and faith in Jesus Christ. 

I was brought up in the church and attended for years and years. I became non-denominational in 2002 and although I have attended services and belong to a particular group, I realized I needed to become more spiritual and form a stronger bond with Christ. 

I aligned myself with several similar minded followers and ministers. I'm blessed to have a network of both. I needed to be around those that understood that I wanted a deeper understanding that extended beyond church. I wanted to be a follower that did more than go to church 2-3 times/week, read the Bible daily and such. I needed understanding.

I have read the entire Holy Bible 3 times but I have went through an additional time to understand more of the Hebrew and Greek origins that apply today. Additionally, I have learned more about God being about love, grace and forgiveness and that you only come to the Father through His son.  

I not only plug into spiritual services and podcasts, I am in a worship group called Ekklesia. This group has changed my life over the years as they have been an extension of the foundation I have developed but containing more of the discussion and understanding of the Word along with more open worship. 

I now pray 10 times more than I did before, ensure I read my word in the mornings and throughout the day and that I remained plugged in to my network. I am not ashamed to pray, receive prayer and guidance and understanding. I want my relationship to continue to grow in Him as I can shine my light onto others and help them find their path.

No comments:

Post a Comment