Monday, June 17, 2024

STARS: How I Improved and Maintained My Home the past Decade and A Half

I had an uphill battle in the early 2010s. My stepdad had spent nearly 20 years cutting corners and rigging stuff around my home instead of actually fixing stuff or planning to fix anything major or long term. 

I got both a credit account with Home Depot and a homeowners warranty. I then made a list of things to complete prioritizing need and in some cases cost. I used any extra money I made from overtime and side hustles towards home improvements and maintenance. I also sought out the best professionals I could find. I only dealt with folks that were licensed, certified and knew what they were doing. 

Going into this year, I've spent around 7,000 spaced out to fix and maintain various things in my house such as plumbing, driveway, pressure washing, furnace, washer/dryer, hot water heater, floors and maintaining stuff before it falls apart. Home ownership isn't cheap but it's well worth it as I ascend into the next round of repairs and maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment